Tuesday, May 19, 2009

it comes to an end

I don’t play for Australia anymore.
So instead of having this conversation with everyone I’m just gunna put a brief explanation up here and if you want to know about it you will read it, if you ask about it you will be redirected here. That’s all.

So I went to Darwin for the Arafura games where a 4 team tournament with England, Japan, Korea and us (Australia) was on. International classifiers came in with some new rules that had been approved after Beijing (on a side note Beijing is an awesome word with three dots in a row!) for international CP (cerebral palsy) football. These classifiers looked at all players and everyone was reclassified. I was currently an ‘8’, the most able players still within the rules and able to participate. With the new rules I was classified out as I did not show all the signs they now require for inclusion. Sucks to be me but it’s probably, in the long run, a lot better for the sport.

I am not bitter about this. Yeh, I was very down for a while but that’s life right? I’ve had a good run, been to places and done things I never would have otherwise. I’ve made some great friends for life and overall am still happy about the experience. In the long run I will still follow the team and watch closely and be involved whenever/where ever I can and try to advance the sport in WA also.


So yeh. That’s it. Love you kids.


Peace

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment